I will expand on each of the following in an in depth article tomorrow. However, I wanted to give a few quick pointers on what social media can do for your business as well as what it cannot do.
What social media can do for your business, regardless of its size, industry and profession:
1) Increase new clientele, customers, patients or whatever you call the people that pay for the services and/or solutions you provide.
2) Increase the value consumers see in your business and your profession.
3) Increase your brand recognition and value proposition.
4) Increase the referrals coming from your current clientele
5) Engage your current clientele to become fans of your business and not just a client
6) Improve your search engine rankings.
What social media cannot do for your business, regardless of its size, industry and profession:
1) Show you returns without consistency, diligence and effort.
2) Make you a millionaire overnight